Specialty Pharmacy Program
Specialty medications are used to treat serious or chronic conditions such as multiple sclerosis, pulmonary hypertension, hepatitis, and rheumatoid arthritis. These medications are typically injectable and can be administered by a patient or family member.
NOTE: Please see your Benefit Summary to learn which copayments or coinsurance apply for these medications.
Members must use BCBSNM's contracted network specialty pharmacy, Prime Therapeutics Specialty Pharmacy (Prime Specialty Pharmacy). This full-service pharmacy supplies medications and services to patients with complex health conditions. This includes safe and efficient delivery of these medications to BCBSNM members.
Advantages of the BCBSNM Specialty Pharmacy Program
Prime Specialty Pharmacy's pharmacists, nurses, and care coordinators offer these support services:
- Explain treatment instructions
- Help with managing medication side effects
- Assist members and their doctors in monitoring progress
- Help obtaining new prescriptions and refills – specialty medications are conveniently delivered to your home or directly to your physician's office
- Prime Specialty Pharmacy 24/7 helpline
- Specialty Drug List – View the list of specialty medications. This list includes a reminder about coverage for self-administered specialty medications.