BlueDirect offers affordable health coverage designed especially for people under 65 who do not receive health insurance from an employer. This includes New Mexicans who are:
- employees or their families who are not covered by group health insurance
- early retirees too young for Medicare
- dependent children from infants to college age
- choose from the most comprehensive provider network in New Mexico
- no referrals required to see specialists (preauthorization required for some services)
- no claims forms with Preferred Providers
- no pre-existing conditions limitation with prior creditable coverage
- limited out-of-pocket costs
- range of deductible options from $500 to $10,000
- annual family deductible limit
- 24/7 Nurseline
- coverage when traveling, including the unique BlueCard® program
- optional dental coverage offered with medical plan - refer to Product Guide
Medical screening is required and an applicant may not be approved based on health history. BlueDirect does not provide benefits for maternity (including any pregnancy-related condition), behavioral health, alcohol rehabilitation, or chemical dependency treatment.
For more information about our plans for individuals, please contact Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM) Customer Service toll-free at (800) 432-0750.
The files above are available as a PDFs. If you do not have Adobe® Reader®, download it free of charge at Adobe's site .
Learn More About BlueDirect
Prospective Producers: To apply to become a contracted producer, see our Prospective Producers page.