Frequently Asked Questions
Provider forms and their descriptions can be found in the Education and Reference/Forms section.
Go to How to join the BCBSNM provider networks where you can find out how to request a provider record, applications to join the network and the credentialing process.
Follow the instructions on the Application for Legal Status Change .
Go to ANSI 5010 and ICD-10 in the Standards and Requirements section where you will find important timelines and requirements, frequently asked questions, webinar schedules, contact information and more.
Visit our Clear Claim Connection* (C3) web page for more information about the tool and how to attend a webinar.
Go to Contact Us on the Provider homepage.
Non-contracted providers can use the Request to Establish or Revise a Non-Contracted Facility Record located in the Forms section of the Education and Reference Center.
Contracted or non-contracted providers can use the Update Your Contact Information form.
Note: Please allow up to 30 days for changes to take place.
1. Apply online **
2. Apply by mail. Call or email the NPI Enumerator to request an application form. Send the completed application to:
Fargo, ND 58108-6059
3. Apply by third party. With your permission, an organization may submit your application in an electronic file. This could mean that a professional association or perhaps a health care provider who is your employer could submit an electronic file containing your information and the information of other health care providers.
Type 1 – Individual
Type 2 – Organizational
Contact Fox Systems directly with questions about processing an NPI application.
Always include the following information on your claims:
- Member's three-letter alpha prefix and the identification number (e.g. YIF1234567)
- Policy group number
- Onset date
- Physician's and/or supplier's name, address, telephone number
- Physician's and/or supplier's NPI
Refer to our preauthorization page for preauthorization and predetermination requirements.
Resources, forms, contact information, and more, can be found in the BlueSalud section.